If you’re interested about how to get help with file explorer in Windows 10 you can find many helpful articles about file explorer and Windows 10 on this website.
File explorer in Windows 10 is in many ways similar to File Explorer in previous versions of Microsoft Windows. But even though the look maybe similar there are many new features introduced in Windows 10.
Below is a short summary of what changed in File Explorer in Windows 10:
- When you open File Explorer it will open with list of Quick Access items instead of system drives as it was before. File Explorer will display frequently used folders and recently accessed files here. You can also add your own folders to quick access list. You can do it by clicking right mouse button on a folder and selecting “Pin to Quick Access” option.
- OneDrive is now fully integrated with File Explorer. You will see OneDrive shortcut on the File Explorer navigation pane on the left.
- Share tab was added to the file explorer. You can select it and then choose what files you want to share and an application you want to share it with.
- File Explorer interface now has flat look in accordance with the rest of Windows 10 UI.
- Favorite navigation item on the left navigation pane was replaced with Quick Access.
Get help with File Explorer in Windows 10
To get help with File Explorer in Windows 10 you can either use this website and read all articles dedicated to File Explorer in Windows 10 or alternatively you can use bing.com or google.com and search for more information about it. Also you can start with this page at microsoft.com website https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows.
How to launch file explorer in Windows 10
There are several ways to quickly launch file explorer in Windows. Quickest way to do it is to use shortcut: Windows Logo Key+E.
Another quick way is to type “Explorer” or “File Explorer” in search bar located in Windows Taskbar.
This approach is illustrated in an image above.
To launch File Explorer even quicker select “Pin To Start” or “Pin to taskbar” options in dropdown menu when you click right mouse button on File Explorer app. You can do it either in Start Menu search results as displayed above or in the taskbar when File Explorer app is already open.
How to customize quick access items
If you want to add new quick access item to the list you can easily do it from File Explorer. Just right click on the desired folder and select “Pin to Quick access” option.
If you want to remove an item from Quick Access menu just select “Unpin from Quick Access” option as displayed below.
In this brief article we just gave you a very brief into on how to get help with File Explorer in Windows 10. If you’re interested in more details on customizing File Explorer and becoming a power user please read other articles on this website about this topic.